After a couple of weeks we finally found time to put some time into this project again. Removed some clutter, restructured and refactored a bunch to get more clarity on where we currently stand.
First of all, let me tell you the the synopsis of the game, before we dive into the progress we made:
Project “MARVIN” is a Diablo-style RPG, inspired by the blockbuster “The Martian”. The game is set after a mechanical failure occurred during the return trip from a distant Mars-like planet. As our unlikely hero, you must triumph through the harsh environment of this planet, find ways to contact home and battle that what is lurking in the shadows.
Pretty exciting stuff, isn’t it?!
So now, what have we been doing so far and what we are planning to do:
– Basic game machanics like movement, health, energy (mana), minimap are done
– Dialogue-/Quest- and Inventorysystems are in place
– A bit of UI, but that could use a good overhaul
– We need some more animations and assets to progress the story
– Obviously more quests and put a little more “oomph” in it
– Maybe even thinking about multi-platform controls
– And overall improvements of the systems already in place
All in all, not a bad result for a two-man team, only started learning game development in Unity/C# a couple of months back.